Israeli Navy Hybrid Modem (188-110 MOD)
The Israeli Naval Hybrid Modem is based on the MIL-STD-188-110 Serial Standard. Has characteristic preamble with 4/6 Tone and 18 QPSKQuadrature Phase-Shift Keying (2 bits per symbol) parallel mode before 110 Serial transmission. Possible use as a broadcast transmitter for ships. Used by the Israeli Navy 4XZ station from Haifa.
Variations of this hybrid modem have been seen. Some start with 6 tones, others start with 4 tones. Furthermore, some have a single short 1000 HzHertz (Hz), unit of frequency, defined as one cycle per second (1 Hz). tone right before the 4/6 tone preamble with a length of 233ms.
|6 Tone Preamble|| 4 Tone Preamble|
(with add tone)
- Professional Equipment/Software
- WAVECOM Database: MIL-188-110A-MOD
- i-56578 swl Israeli Navy Hybrid HF Modem
- Military Standard: Interoperability and Performance Standards for Data Modems MIL-STD-188-110A
- Department of Defense Interface Standard: Interoperability and Performance Standards for Data Modems MIL-STD-188-110B
- Department of Defense Interface Standard: Interoperability and Performance Standards for Data Modems MIL-STD-188-110C W/ CHANGE 1