Electronic Train Management System (ETMS)
From Signal Identification Wiki
- System development contracted by BNSF to Wabtec
- Work started in late 1990s after PTS and ARES
- Non-vital overlay with continuous in-cab display
- Deployed in several territories with different operating methods.
- BNSF continues to expand and refine ETMS, I-ETMS is a spin off.
- Uses MeteorComm radio
- SPONSOR: BNSF
- SUPPLIER(s): Wabtec
- MESSAGING STD: MeteorComm proprietary
- FREQ BAND: 900 MHzMegaHertz (MHz) 10^6 Hz being converted to 220 MHzMegaHertz (MHz) 10^6 Hz
- RADIO MFGR: MeteorComm
- COMMS RANGE: LOS
- COMMS BETWEEN: Wayside and Locomotive & Office and Locomotive
- STATUS: In service on several different territories (as of 2012), being expanded per RSIA 08