Siemens CHX-200 FSK Modem
CHX200, also known as Siemens CHP200 and PRC-921/GY, is a backpack HFHigh Frequency (3-30 MHz) ECCOM transceiver, designed and built by Siemens.
- PRC = Portable Radio Communications
- ECCOM = Emergency Communications
- HFHigh Frequency (3-30 MHz) = High Frequency
The Siemens CHX200 F1-Modem Military manpack is used for ECCOM, with production started in 1981. This modem operates at 250 BdBaud (unit symbol Bd) is the unit for symbol rate or modulation rate in symbols per second., with a FSKFrequency-Shift Keying shift of 170 HzHertz (Hz), unit of frequency, defined as one cycle per second (1 Hz)..
The modem uses a CHP-200 processor, which allows for encryption and frequency hopping. The modem can also transmit in simplex and ARQAutomatic Repeat reQuestAutomatic Repeat Query mode.
This radio transceiver was built in Germany by Siemens, & was under license in Indonesia (for domestic use).
Parts of the radio transceiver:
- Receiver / exciter CHX200RX / TXTransmit
- Power amplifier CHX200PA400
- F1 modem CHX200F1
- The antenna control CHO902
- Power supply 24 V / 230 V AC adapter / charger CHX200PS400
CHX200 Modem transmitting:
CHX200 ALEAutomatic Link Establishment:
CHX200 Frequency Hopping Mode:
The frequency range of this shortwave radio system is from 1.5 MHzMegaHertz (MHz) 10^6 Hz to 30 MHzMegaHertz (MHz) 10^6 Hz, in 100 HzHertz (Hz), unit of frequency, defined as one cycle per second (1 Hz). steps.
Frequencies spotted at:
- 10182.6 kHzKiloHertz (kHz) 10^3 Hz
- 13947.6 kHzKiloHertz (kHz) 10^3 Hz
- 10130.6 kHzKiloHertz (kHz) 10^3 Hz
- 9078.6 kHzKiloHertz (kHz) 10^3 Hz
None that I know of.