Positive Train Separation (PTS)
From Signal Identification Wiki
- Followed ARES for BN (BNSF), added UP as a partner
- Part of large scale GE-Harris development of optimized train movement mgmt. system
- Collision prevention # 1 goal
- Used Differential GPS for location
- Radio portion: satellite two-way communication
- Demonstrated on Oregon/Washington (Portland area) mainlines - 800 miles planned per news articles
- SPONSOR: BNSF/UP/GE Harris
- SUPPLIER(s): GE-Harris, ROCKWELL and AMCI
- FREQ BAND: UHFUltra High Frequency (300-3000 MHz)/VHFVery High Frequency (30-300 MHz)
- RADIO MFGR: Rockwell ??
- COMMS RANGE: LOS
- COMMS BETWEEN: Wayside and train
- STATUS: Demonstration discontinued in Oregon/Washington in 2000.