From Signal Identification Wiki
Piccolo was a MFSKMultiple Frequency Shift-Keying system developed by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) to communicate with foreign embassies and UK military stations around the world. No longer used.
- MK6: 180 HzHertz (Hz), unit of frequency, defined as one cycle per second (1 Hz). wide 6-tone MFSKMultiple Frequency Shift-Keying version of Piccolo. Uses ITA-2 encoding for alphanumeric text.
- MK12: 300 HzHertz (Hz), unit of frequency, defined as one cycle per second (1 Hz). wide 12-tone MFSKMultiple Frequency Shift-Keying version of Piccolo. Uses ITA-5 encoding for alphanumeric text.
Additional SamplesPiccolo MK6:
- Hobby Level Software
- Professional Equipment/Software
- Shoc go2decode
- Shoc go2monitor
- Hoka 300-32
- Wavecom W-Code
- Wavecom W-Spectra
- Piccolo, Digital Digest, Monitoring Times. September 1999 (pg.33)
- shoc Database: Piccolo MK6
- shoc Database: Piccolo MK12
- WAVECOM Database: Piccolo MK6/MK12
|MK6 VFTVoice Frequency Telegraphy||MK6 Idle|