North American Joint Positive Train Control (IDOT PTC)
From Signal Identification Wiki
- Also known as North American Joint PTC (NAJPTC) demonstration.
- Started in 1995 with Southern Pacific, ARINC and CANAC using ATCS design.
- Led by FRA, contracted to TTCI as client systems engineer and LMCo as supplier.
- Wayside centric system – train profiles sent from “zone controller ” computer server, onboard database limited in scope. Digital distribution of bulletins and authorities planned.
- Onboard equip subcontracted to Wabtec.
- Operate standalone on prior dark territory (virtual signaling) and as overlay on CTC.
- Intended to demonstrate vital operation with high speed passenger & freight.
- Advanced crossing activation by ITCS and quad gates – some crossing eliminations, all to support 110 mph passenger operations.
- SPONSOR: IDOT/FRA/UP/AMTRAK/TTCI/AAR
- SUPPLIER(s): Lockheed Martin with Wabtec Onboard
- STRUCTURE: ISO 7 Layer, Synchronous HDLC-LAPB
- MESSAGING STD: ATCS 200
- MAX BIT RATE: 9600 Bits/sec
- FREQ BAND: VHFVery High Frequency (30-300 MHz)
- DISTANCE RANGE: LOS
- COMMS BETWEEN: Train to Wayside Zone Controller