Interoperable Electronic Train Management System (I-ETMS)
From Signal Identification Wiki
- System being used by all 7 class I RRs for FRA required PTC
- Current plan is for about 60,000 miles to be equipped.
- Also being used by commuter lines Metrolink, San Diego North County, likely to be used on TRE (DART) and others.
- Vital onboard and wayside designs.
- Primary vital communication is between Onboard & Wayside.
- Radio is specific design ordered by the RRs (BNSF, UP, CSX, NS) who own the vendor.
- SPONSOR: AAR/ITC Class I RRs
- SUPPLIER(s): Wabtec, MeteorComm, plus other suppliers for Wayside logic
- STRUCTURE: Proprietary “ITCNet”, OSI 7 layer TCP/IPInternet protocol
- MESSAGING STD: ITC AAR Standard, Class D messages, Edge Message Protocol (EMP)
- MAX BIT RATE: determined by radio (TCP/IPInternet protocol is 10 Mbps)
- FREQ BAND: 220 MHzMegaHertz (MHz) 10^6 Hz
- RADIO MFGR: MeteorComm
- COMMS RANGE: LOS
- COMMS BETWEEN: Wayside and Vehicle; Office and Vehicle
- STATUS: Currently being implemented (2015)