Communications Based Train Management (CBTM)
From Signal Identification Wiki
- Non-vital overlay PTC system from Wabtec
- First application specific to “dark” territory, signaled operation to come later
- Only goal to advise crew of need to stop/slow and enforce if no action taken.
- In-cab display activated only when warning or alert needed for crew use, else blank.
- Was demonstrated over 50 mile coal line territory
- Intended to integrate with “NGD - New Generation Dispatch” at CSX HQ.
- SPONSOR: CSX
- SUPPLIER(s): Wabtec
- STRUCTURE: Same as ETMS
- MESSAGING STD: ATCS 200
- RADIO MFGR: MeteorComm
- COMMS RANGE: LOS
- COMMS BETWEEN: Wayside and Locomotive & Office and Locomotive
- STATUS: Demonstration terminated - Superseded by I-ETMS and RSIA 08