Communication Based Train Control (CBTC)
From Signal Identification Wiki
- Utilized by New York City Transit (NYCT)
- True Moving block CBTC with local zone control
- Radio system is a (proprietary) high-speed vital local area network between train & zone controller and between zone controllers
- Zone Controllers use fiber based physical network to other zone controllers
- Both above ground and subway tunnel operation.
- Uses Transponders for train location with tachometer type incremental navigation
- SPONSOR: New York City Transit
- SUPPLIER(s): Siemens + Thales
- STRUCTURE: IPInternet protocol Messaging Scheme – proprietary application
- MESSAGING STD:WLAN Siemens std.
- MAX BIT RATE: 128 KBPS per train (4 MBPS total max)
- FREQ BAND: 5.725Ghz - 5.825Ghz
- RADIO MFGR: Siemens Type PULZ80
- COMMS RANGE: limited
- COMMS BETWEEN: Wayside zone controllers and Trains and other zone controllers
- STATUS: Operating on NYCT Canarsie Line (2012), being installed on PATH, NYCT Flushing Line and Culver Line Test Track.