'Ghadir' OTH Radar
Ghadir, is an Iranian over the horizon radar Ghadir is a 360°, 3D-radar, with a ceiling of 300 km, and a maximum range of 1,100 km. You can hear a high and a low tone, corresponding to the sweep rates of 870 and 307 sweeps/sec. sent in two separated bursts.
Unlike other OTHR's, Ghadir doesn't use FMCW modulation. Instead, it uses a shaped pulsed system which makes the edges of the signal hard to define. Because of this, the bandwidth of this signal can vary greatly, ranging from around 60 kHzKiloHertz (kHz) 10^3 Hz to splattering over 1 MHzMegaHertz (MHz) 10^6 Hz, depending on the power of the received signal for the user.
Often seen on the 10 m-band, often long lasting on 28.245 MHzMegaHertz (MHz) 10^6 Hz.
- Iranian Over The Horizon Radar on 10 meters
- OTH-Radar from IRAN (?) on 27MHz (Over The Horizon) part 2
- Radar, OTH, possibly Iranian, 28250 kHz, FMCW, February 23, 2013, 1452 UTC
- Over-the-horizon radar (OTH) Qth: Iran
- IARUMS Radar info 2013
- Google Maps radar location
- Google Maps radar 2 location
- I-56578 Ghadir OTH Radar
- Wikipedia Sepehr Radar